Wehl is a social community for people who want to take a more natural, holistic and balanced approach to improving and maintaining wellness. We are on a mission to work together to use the power of social networking to support and inspire each other to reach our wehlness potential – whether it be as individuals, professionals or organizations.
Together, we can help each other improve, to live and do business more purposefully. Ultimately, we want to spread good both online and offline in our homes, workplaces and communities. It’s with this in mind that we, as those who own and/or operate a professional or organization profile participate in our Wehl community.
For us as professionals and organizations, Wehl is a place to…
- Inspire Wehlness First – No one wants to be sold to these days, that’s why the Wehl platform is built to do social networking (and marketing) differently. The value we, as professionals and organizations, create for others on Wehl comes from the sharing of tips and content that will encourage and inspire. We help people – current, potential, and even those that may never be, clients/customers – in their real-life wehlness journeys. We focus on contributing positively as part of the community while the product/service promotion comes secondary (and likely much easier and more naturally). Creating a bit of mystery and playing a little hard-to-get doesn’t just work in the dating world!
- Share Our Unique Story – We want to authentically share who we are, why we do what we do, who we help, and how we can help to improve wehlness for our customers, clients, employees, communities and the planet.
- Give and Receive – We give for the purpose of helping and providing what others want and need, not always with the expectation to receive. We try to be generous, whether it’s by giving content, comments, answers, inspiration, encouragement, friendship, time, special offers/discounts, or positive, happy vibes. We want to develop real relationships, help others overcome real-life wehlness problems and decrease the barriers (e.g. time, money, motivation, etc.) to living well. We believe that giving is the best kind of promotion strategy there is and that showing we care is the future of business!
- Cooperate – A little competition can be healthy and some of us here may be considered competitors but, on Wehl, we become cooperators because at the end of the day we’re all here to become better and to achieve the common mission of helping others live better. Besides, the saying is true, you never know when your greatest competitor might become your greatest collaborator. We all have something unique to offer and we can do more together, so we always act respectfully and with professionalism.
- Have a Healthy Debate – All opinions, knowledge levels, education backgrounds and real-life experiences have merit in helping us make informed decisions because a lot about wehlness is not clear cut and everyone is unique. We’re here to voice opinions, knowledge and experiences while respecting others’ opinions, education and experiences. As professionals and organizations, we each offer our diverse knowledge and professional expertise while we work together to ultimately empower individuals to take control of their health and “own their unique wehlness”. Agreeing to disagree is always a good rule of thumb whenever necessary.
- Model Healthy Online Habits – Being online 24/7 isn’t healthy for any of us which is why at Wehl we encourage regular, purposeful participation but also promote spending time offline to live out wehlness. We want to model a “moderate” amount of social time and to enable this we focus more on quality than quantity when it comes to sharing. Wehl has been deliberately designed to not include complicated algorithms that require us to post several times per day to have a chance at getting noticed. Together, we practice the wehlness that we preach and participate mindfully to truly connect with each other!
We remember that Wehl is not a place to…
- Offer specific professional medical, health or wellness advice to individuals
- Advertise, sell or promote Multi-level Marketing (MLM) or Pharmaceutical products or services
- Have poor behavior of any kind (e.g. Use bad language, Be unkind, judgmental, etc. etc.)
We participate in accordance with the Wehl Community Manifesto and behave in a manner that coincides with the following community statement:
We endeavor to always treat and accept others the way we would like to be treated and accepted. This means that our conduct and content will be respectful of others in their pursuit of wehlness no matter how similar or different the pursuit is.
As wellness professionals and organizations, we work together on Wehl to help each other and our members prevent illness and chronic disease and live healthier, happier and more purposeful lives.
Thanks for helping us make Wehl an inspiring place!
This Manifesto was created in consultation with our community and will continually be reviewed and updated according to community feedback and the evolution of Wehl. Please check back periodically.
We reserve the right to remove (or request that you remove) any posts that violate the above statements. If you see something that concerns you, please feel free to bring it to the attention of the Wehl team, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of Last Revision: August 17, 2018