September is the time of the year when we look at getting into a new routine. We are kicking off our September Wehl Challenge with our friends over at Pure Feast to help encourage you to switch up your morning (or afternoon) coffee routine. Instead of reaching for your regular cup of coffee, let’s all try something different this month. It can be a caffeine-free herbal tea, a coffee alternative like chicory, or give a turmeric latte a go.
Share your moments on Wehl using #WehlChallenge to be entered to win a prize pack full of healthy pantry goodies to help you stick to a new “mug routine” from Pure Feast. Post as often as you like because the more posts = more wellness for you and more chances to win! Invite your friends and family who could use a bit of motivation to switch up their coffee routines too.
If you aren’t a Wehl member yet, it’s free and easy to join. Head over to Wehl.com!
As far as health benefits go, black coffee has been linked to many health benefits, but it can also have a negative effect on some individuals as well. Moderation is always a good principle and it’s important for us to check in with ourselves and ensure we haven’t become too dependent on it. You never know, you might just fall in love with a new drink to keep you energized without the energy crash!
Looking for some more coffee alternatives? Give one of these a try:
- Caffeine-free herbal tea
- Try peppermint tea, hibiscus tea, licorice tea, or ginger tea
- Matcha Latte
- Turmeric Latte
- Lemon Water
- Bone Broth
- Dandelion Root Tea
- Chicory tea
- Mushroom tea
- Chai Tea
- A Brain Boosting Elixir with Adaptogens
Looking for something a little bit more indulgent?
Give Pure Feast’s Chaga Chai Collagen Latte a try!
The froth is real. This Chaga Chai Collagen Latte comes together in about 5 minutes and produces a creamy beverage straight out of your favourite chic cafe. Sip and bliss out on super nourishing chaga mushroom, adaptogenic tulsi, warming + metabolism boosting ginger and black pepper. Collagen and cashew butter provide healthy fat and protein, blending seamlessly into a foamy, rich bevvie.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 heaping tbsp. Lake & Oak Chaga Coconut Chai Tea
- 1 1/4 cup nut, oat or dairy milk
- 1 tbsp. collagen
- 1 tsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (raw honey is delish)
- pinch cinnamon
- In a small pot, combine loose Chaga Coconut Chai tea and milk. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low. Steep for 3-5 min, stirring occasionally, until mixture is light brown in colour.
- Strain the tea mixture solids from the liquid and pour liquid right into blender or jar with a lid.
- Add collagen, cashew butter, cinnamon and sweetener (if using). Blend for 10-15 seconds, or shake until frothy!
- Serve with a sprinkle of extra cinnamon on top. Serve over ice if desired!
- Replace cashew butter with almond butter or coconut butter if desired.
- Use coconut milk as your milk base to boost the coconut flavour.
- Add a tsp of coconut oil or MCT oil powder or liquid to make the latte bulletproof.
Now, head over to Wehl and start sharing what’s in your mug!
We invite you to join our social platform for wellness at Wehl.com!